A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, August 20, 2007

What I Miss

14 weeks pregnant. The only way I keep track is by looking at the ticker on my blog. Sad.

Most of my friends know I don't enjoy being pregnant. I am consoled by the fact that this will be my last. Unlike those who sappily enjoy every moment of these 9 months, I have no remorse nor regret about never having this experience again.

There are many reasons I don't enjoy pregnancy. My reflux is crazy, I'm extremely tired, it's uncomfortable, and I get really really gassy. Fortunately for everyone I know, I'm one of those prudish people who won't pass gas in front of people, even Peter in most circumstances. Unfortunately for me, that makes for much bloating and discomfort from holding it in. I have to say that when I'm pregnant, I let go of some of the modesty. At least in front of Peter.

SO I miss not being able to eat whatever I want (especially fruit), having a desire to cook, letting Matthew bounce on my tummy, sleeping on my stomach, sleeping through the night without getting up to pee, coffee, and occassional frozen margaritas at Mexican restaurants. Soon I will miss sleeping for more than 3 hours straight, non-elasticized clothes, seeing my toes, holding two kids at once, my bellybutton being an innie and general comfort.

BUT there are things I miss about childlessness even more. Namely sleeping in, not having to force myself to go to bed at a reasonable hour, hanging out with friends anywhere and anytime, getting the opportunity to shave my legs on a regular basis, having time to moisturize after showers, peeing without being interrupted, getting regular haircuts, thinking about things like eye cream without laughing, not having to schedule date nights, having somewhat of a figure and wearing insensible shoes.

HOWEVER, there are things I'm so used to now that I'd never be able to live without. Ellie climbing in our bed every morning, cuddle time, Matthew's sloppy wet kisses, "Mommy mommy mommy," baby naps on my chest, hilarious musings of a 3-year old, observing speech development, supporting Matthew's obsession with Crocs, daily discoveries, baby problem solving, being fed chewed up soggy food, constant hugs and smiles, being a hero...

It ain't a glamorous job, but it's worth it. But still, thank goodness I'm on my last job. I'm tired.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger connie kim said...

your blog was encouraging chris...esp. the part of what you couldn't live without. i think i needed to read that and be reminded of what's to come. i'm anticipating the point when i'll forget all this and really "enjoy" it...needless to say, i've been praying a lot!

you have SO much on your plate (esp after your last blog). i don't know HOW you do it! i remember before matthew your desire to serve more and your heart for a ministry of your own...i'm glad that God has given you opportunities. when it rains, it pours!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home