A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Cravings

I took the kids to Hobby Lobby and Walmart today, then came home completely exhausted and feeling sick. Ugh. I can't wait until miraculous week 12. People ask me how this pregnancy compares to my previous ones (PLURAL), and they were all pretty much the same. I get increasingly tired with each one as the number of children to chase around daily increases as well. There was one significant difference in my 2nd pregnancy, and talking to Fay, she had the same experience when pregnant with Lukas. It's so gross and nasty that I won't mention it here, but I wonder if it's a boy thing. I'm going to ask my OB.

Anyway, I couldn't watch everyone eating, but I'd bought some Chicken McNuggets for myself. Peter ended up giving them to the kids, so I sent him out to get me some more. Since he'd be right by Kroger anyway, I also handed him a list of things to get for me:
Flamin' Hot Cheetos Puffs (not regular twisty ones)
Mauna Loa brand dry roasted macademia nuts
pears (for the kids)
Jello chocolate pudding cups
Non-organic pita chips

Gross! I'm just excited that the thought of these foods, even over an extended period of time, doesn't sicken me to my stomach.

Ellie had a BAD day today. She started it off whining, which is never a good sign. She just whined about everything, tried to boss me around, complained and was just plain defiant. I ended up turning around on our way to Peter's office and shutting her up in her room. She eventually ended up falling asleep on the floor, entwined in her bumper (she uses it like a body pillow). That girl! She rarely has days like that, and today was definitely not a day where I could be particularly patient with her.

THEN Matthew, who's had diarrhea since last Monday, diarrhea-ed on the kitchen floor. I was changing his diaper and saw his flaming diaper rash, poor baby. I let him walk around a little to air it out, and it seriously had been about 3 minutes. Then I was lying on the floor in my room when he started crying. I sent Ellie out to check on him, and she said, "He barfed." Knowing he actually didn't barf, I ran out to see him sitting mournfully in a puddle of runny poo. SO SAD! Broke my heart, it did. Then I stuck him in the bathtub, and all was well again. He's amazingly cheerful for someone who's had the runs about 5 times a day for over a week.

YES! My nuggets and other requests are here. Time to eat (and face the consequences later).

2 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger connie kim said...

okay, now i'm curious about the "boy thing"....what is it?!?! okay, email me. :)

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger jieungrace said...

Hi Christine! I got the box of Ellie's clothes. Thanks so much! I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or girl. I vote for girl. :) Then I'll just resend all the clothes you sent me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home