A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

More Ellieisms

I'm already depressed that next week is the finale of my show. What will I do on my sacred Wednesday night now? There's no point in discussing the show. It's fairly obvious that Benji's going to win. The interesting thing would be seeing how the voting ended up. I'm pretty certain he receives a good majority of votes each week. Sigh. Depressed.

Anyway. I started doing this thing with Ellie once she got older where I'd make Peter out to be, like, her hero. Anytime anything broke, I'd say Daddy would fix it (I mean anything, even a ripped book page or something). So now she thinks he's pretty much invincible. I was trying to figure out carseat situations in NY for our trip while she was napping. When she woke up we had this conversation -
Me: Mommy doesn't want to take your carseat to New York.
Ellie: You no like my carseat?
Me: No, I like it. It's just too heavy. I don't want to bring it.
Ellie: It's not too heavy.
Me: It's pretty heavy.
Ellie: It's not too heavy for Daddy. Daddy strong.
Of course, Peter was all touched when I told him the story. And I've told it so many times, Ellie keeps telling me that Daddy's strong. I love it that she has that image of him, though. That's how it should be, you know?

I've been trying rather fruitlessly to potty train her. I'm bribing her with jellybeans. She gets 3 if she actually goes, and 1 for valiant effort. Unfortunately she's discovered the beauty of the valiant effort bean and manipulates it. The other day she sat on the potty for about 30 seconds, declared "Nothing come out. I think maybe pee pee go night night. One jelly belly, please." Argh.

She's also very excited about Uncle Marshall's wedding. Mostly because I told her Maggie Eemo would give her a lolipop if she did a good job. She's apparently been thinking about it a lot. Tonight she said, "Mommy. At Uncle Marshall's wedding, I flowergirl and I have the flowers and I put it on the ground tink! and I put more on the ground tink! and I put it in my pail. And Maggie Eemo give me a lolipop?" That sounds about right. Another time she was talking to herself about it and said, "I flowergirl Uncle Paul's wedding? No, that's not right. Uncle Marshall's wedding." No, Ellie ... not Uncle Paul's.

She's all into picking her clothes now. So two things that are on her mind are picking her clothes and Uncle Marshall's wedding. She has planned her wardrobe for the trip, which mostly includes wearing Dora underwear over pants, her ballerina skirt, and pink socks with fruit on them with hot pink sneakers that are two sizes too big. She keeps taking stuff out of the closet and telling me, "I wear this at Uncle Marshall's wedding."

Two days ago I let her pick her own outfit. She picked a fairly normal shirt and skirt, then insisted on wearing a hooded sweatshirt (97 degrees outside), sunglasses, a hat (in case it rained, she justified), the pink fruit socks, and her Dora bag on her shoulder. Then she proceeded to sing into her echo microphone. Here's the resulting video (sorry - I don't know how to embed videos). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tOgXkLspEo I was singing the song later on, and at the "merrily merrily" part she goes, "That's not right. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life a putta tree. That's right."

I also found this. Amazing! It would be my dream to coordinate stuff like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

4 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger jieungrace said...

Wow, it's impressive that she knows what outfit she wants. I didn't have that ability until late high school.

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute! ellie's outfit is very bohemian ... or something.

the treadmill choreography is awesome. i'm terrified of treadmills because i just KNOW i would fall off i tried running on one. every time i'm on the elliptical machine at the gym, i watch the people running on the treadmills and tell myself i could do it, then talk myself out of it. so far, my gym experience is limited to the yoga room and the elliptical.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously...TOOOO CUTE! it's so amazing how much and what she says now. hmm...she's such a natural performer. where could she get that from???!! ;)

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute!

dh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home