A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My kids look like me!

When Matthew was first born, we were looking at my baby album and discovered he kinda looked like I did when I was a baby. I pulled it out again today, and now he looks EXACTLY like I did when I was a baby. The only thing is that his mouth is usually closed in photos (or fist is inserted) while mine was always hanging open in a very "duh" expression. Then you turn a few pages in the album, and ta da! I become Ellie! Weird. Then you turn a few more pages, and all photographical records of my childhood are over. Sad.

Danny says people say Abby looks like me. People say Matthew looks like Danny. Of course, the two cousins look nothing alike, but neither do Danny and I. So I guess that makes sense... sort of.

Here are some recent pics of Matthew in his first trendy outfit. I finally figured out how to get him to smile in pictures, too, so that's good. His shirt says Rock-a-Bye Baby on it, by the way. Target, $3.99. I am not ashamed.

Sigh. He's so big already. When we stand him up next to Ellie, she's really not much bigger than he is. I couldn't believe how huge he looked when she was holding him in her lap. He's getting mellower now, too. He can play by himself for longer periods of time and will sit and watch me from the highchair. He'll lie down on the bed or couch for pretty long if I'm next to him. Now if only he would sleep through the night...

4 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger slugnut said...

in the middle picture, Matthew reminds me of Jonathan Ha for some reason...

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger jieungrace said...

Matthew can sit in a highchair?? Maybe most highchairs allow small babies to sit.... mine is Eddie Bauer's all wood highchair. I'm afraid to put Abby in it at this point.

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think matthew looks like you in that second picture! he's a cutie!
-ck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home