A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Must be nice

Must be nice being a baby. Matt used to always make these envious comments about Ellie's baby products. Like the Bjorn, for instance - I suppose he thought it'd be nice to be carried around all the time in a pouch. And he liked her Exersaucer too, I believe. Pretty fun being surrounded by toys everywhere you turn. He liked her "I Can't Read" shirt so much I made him one in his own size.

I was holding Matthew for a couple of hours tonight, as he FREAKS OUT when he is put down while awake. He's just perfectly content being smooshed up against me, all hot and kinda stinky (Houston heat, breastmilk, and kimchee... yick). Unfortunately, as Ellie told me the other night, "Baby no like Daddy. Baby like Mommy better." Matthew mostly wants me to hold him. For some reason, he cannot be soothed by other people. Peter will be holding him and Matthew will just fuss the whole time. Then I take him and he gets this look of sheer bliss (as blissful as you can look without smiling, that is).

How nice for him. I wish anytime I were unhappy with my situation I could just make little grunty noises, and everyone around me would go out of their way to make me happy again. I wish I only had to eat one thing to be both healthy and happy. I wish the most challenging thing in my life was getting out a good burp. I wish I could sleep 17 hours a day. Must be nice. At this point, I'd be satisfied with just having time to acknowledge happiness/unhappiness in a situation, merely 2 uninterrupted meals a day (neither cooked nor washed by me), and 5 hours of straight sleep. Actually, the burping would be nice, too.

Is it ridiculous to envy your two month old?

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger slugnut said...

"A baby's life for me! Hi ho! A baby's life for me!" i would've tried to wear Ellie's little shirt if you didn't make me one...

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the I Can't Read shirt is so popular! Technically, though, shouldn't you have made a grown-up sized onesie? Ewwwwww.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home