A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A rough day

Boo. Ellie's sick. She took a nap really early yesterday (12:00 or so), then fell asleep again at 5:45. I was hoping she'd go through the night, but she woke up 3 hours later and puked. Then she went to bed at 11:30. Today she's not puking, but she has a fever for really only the 2nd time in her life. We watched a LOT of Dora today. Mostly the same episode over and over (where Benny the Bull gets turned into a potato).

So my whole plan for yesterday was ruined. Plan A was to meet with Peter for lunch at Komart, get groceries, go home and have the babies sleep while I make kalbi jjim in the crockpot and whatever else I can do ahead of time, run some errands when they wake up, then make a late dinner for us and Sammy, Gina, and Matt.

Then I discovered Matthew's carseat was in Peter's car. Here was plan B: Peter comes home to pick me up, we go to Komart and eat, I drop him off back at work, I make the kalbi jjim at my mom's house (right by his office) while the kids sleep, run errands and leave one kid with my mom, pick up the baby, pick Peter up, then make dinner at home.

Then Ellie fell asleep in the car as soon as we got in it. Here was plan C: Take the kids to my mom's and have them sleep while Peter and I eat and shop at Komart, drop Peter off, make kalbi jjim at my mom's, leave a baby with her and runn errands with the other, pick up the other, pick up Peter, go home and finish dinner.

Then my mom wasn't home. Here was plan D: Let Ellie sleep at my mom's house, run errands with both kids in the area after she wakes up, go to Komart, pick up Peter, go home and make dinner that did not include kalbi jjim, as I had run out of the time it takes to make it.

Then Matthew fell asleep right when Ellie woke up. Normally, I'd just cart him around, but he hadn't been napping during the day for the past few days. Here was plan E: Let Matthew sleep, run ONE errand with both kids, pick up Peter, etc.

Then Matthew slept a long time. Then Ellie had a tantrum because she wanted to watch a Dora episode not recorded on my parents' TV. So here's what happened: We didn't run errands, I didn't make kalbi jjim, my mom didn't watch the kids, we didn't watch Dora play soccer, and Ellie fell asleep at 6 on the way home. Then puked.

Ridiculous to have up to Plan E, then not even go through with it. Just goes to show that it's not practical to make detailed plans with two babies. Sheesh.

Here's a picture of the 4 of us, finally. I think we have pictures of every combination of the 4 of us except actually the 4 of us. Matthew's STILL jaundiced and looks slightly glowing in this shot.

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger jieungrace said...

What a crazy day! I still don't know how to manage dinner and ONE kid.

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha- that sounds crazy. i miss ellie and matthew! paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home