A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Happy days

Well, today was my first day with the two babies and no one at home to help me. We went to the mall to meet up with Alice, Grace, Julie, and their collective 8 children. Yikes. Talk about chaos. I don't think we'll be doing that again anytime soon. Anyway, Ellie had fun and it used up our whole morning, so that was good.

I have to say, as hard as it is for me to have houseguests (just my issues with having my space to myself), it's nice having someone watch one of the kids while I busy myself with the other. Paul was remarkably helpful while he was here. He's spent more time with Matthew than Peter has. He's also watched both kids at once more than Peter has, which isn't really that big of an accomplishment since Peter's done it for about 10 minutes, but still. The help was great while it lasted, but I know my independence had to come sooner or later. Actually, my cousin Maggie is coming into town tonight for the long weekend, so I'll have a few extra days of help. :)

Some cheerful things going on. Here's what's making me happy these days.
  • So You Think You Can Dance is premiering tonight. LOVED the first season. Sadly, one of the highlights of my week. We'll see if I have the energy to dedicate myself to it again. I'm a reality show junkie, so I was all depressed that America's Next Top Model ended last week. I never watch Fox, but I watched the American Idol finale and found out about SYTYCD.
  • Was able to collapse and put together the double stroller by myself for the first time today. Both kids were fairly good in it.
  • Both kids are napping at the same time now!
  • Matthew went down for the night (still taking night feedings, but sleeps through them) at 8 last night, as opposed to 11 or 11:30 as usual.
  • Peter has the weekend off! Hooray.
  • We both fell asleep watching the Lost season finale, so we still have it to look forward to.

Simple pleasures. Really excited about So You Think You Can Dance, though. Good stuff.

Does anyone watch Alias? The series finale was on this past week, and I have some issues with it. What was the significance of the amulet and the globe/artifact thing? When did Sydney find out Vaughn was still alive? Why did Sloane's bullet wound disappear, but his bones stay crushed under the rocks? Whatever. I wasn't satisfied with the ending, but the show was just so ridiculous at this point, it was only an issue of loyalty that I watched it at all.

While on the topic, was that old looking guy who won American Idol really good? We didn't watch a single episode. He has such a weird look. I thought for sure the hot girl would win. And did anyone else think Joanie was robbed on America's Next Top Model? She NEVER made the bottom two throughout the entire season, so it seemed only right that she would win. Aside from being a little short, there was nothing else wrong with her. Danielle got a lot of grief for her accent and gap...

I watch too much TV. It's the only thing I have the energy to do by the end of the day. Gotta go clean the house while the babies are sleeping. Don't know why I bother, seeing that Ellie will just mess it up within the first 5 minutes of awakeness.

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i watched the alias series finale out of a sense of duty, even though i haven't watched the show in a few years. i hated how they hyped up a two-hour finale, only to have a commercial break every few minutes. and i also wondered -- if sloan's immortal, couldn't he pick up a jagged rock, cut off his legs to free himself, then watch them grow back?

anyway. have a good long weekend!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger sunju said...

I wonder if Sloane's strength was still the same as before. That would be the only explanation to justify his permanent lodging in the cave...

It would be a happy day if baby smiled. Unfortunately, baby still just grunts. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home