A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, May 01, 2006

A semi-simple day

Peter went back to work today. He actually has most of the week off, since we had planned on having Matthew this coming Wednesday. Anyway, it was sort of my first real day with two kids, although I was almost never alone.
Alice and Ryan came over in the morning so the kids could play. Ellie and Ryan have this mutual obsession with one another these days. Kinda funny. Then my mom came over in the afternoon to help me out (aka clean up and cook). In the meantime, Matthew fell asleep, then Ellie fell asleep. I actually had to lift her onto the bed (I'm not supposed to for 6 weeks). Hope I didn't bust anything. Anyway, I took a picture because I thought it was cute that they were napping together, but Ellie just looks ridiculous. It was nice having a little time to myself, ALONE. I miss being alone sometimes...
So the morning was so nice and relaxing, I actually had time to get a pedicure. Ellie is really into makeup, mostly plastic pretend makeup that Alice gave her for Christmas. I sometimes will put sparkly nail polish on her, usually as a reward for something. Today it was just to keep her busy. Anyway, I guess I deserved something nice, too, so here's my first post-baby pedicure. She was so proud. I let her paint her own toenails too.
How in the WORLD am I going to play with a boy?!

3 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger jieungrace said...

Wow! My mom NEVER let me wear nail polish. I once painted them a purple sparkly color at a friend's house, and when she saw them, her eyeballs almost popped out of her socket. Lucky Ellie.

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job ellie!

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just love reading your blogs! You're the same... and I love it! ; )
I don't know if I'll ever be ready to have 2 kids- let alone one. yikes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home