A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, April 24, 2006

My last appointment!

I so don't know what I'm doing with this blog. Is there a way to post video clips? And I had a previous entry that isn't there anymore. What happened? Whatever.

I had my last OB appointment today. So weird - after my doctor checked to see if I was dilated, she goes, "See you at the birth!" Whoa... Weird. It may have even been the last one of my LIFE. I think I'm okay with just two kids. One of each, very convenient. I wouldn't mind having another girl, just so I get my investment's worth from Ellie's clothes. I guess if we had a third, I wouldn't really need to get ANY clothes at all either way. Surprisingly, Peter said he'd be okay if we stopped at two, too. We'll see. I'm really not good at being pregnant, and if this time around I gained twelve pounds more than last, I'm not willing to gain, like, 45 pounds next time. Crazy.

So I'm not dilated at all. It's nice having a scheduled C-section. I don't have to try to jumpstart my labor by drinking weird teas or eating spicy foods or walking around or anything. I was worried I'd go into early labor, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen either. Everything is nice and planned. Hopefully nothing crazy will happen in the next 9 days. Peter suggested I ask for the surgery to be this week since I've been complaining about how uncomfortable I am, but I'm not emotionally prepared to have this baby day after tomorrow! Besides, I have a lunch date on Wednesday. :)

I don't think at this point we are actually ready for bubber to make his entrance into our lives. The biggest issue is that Ellie is STILL in our room. We bought rails for her big girl bed upstairs, but Peter has been delaying putting them up (which is unlike him, for anyone who knows how busybody-ish he is). If you ask me, he wants her to stay with us. Actually, if you ask HIM, he'll say he likes the whole money-saving aspect of all of us being in one room what with our seperate thermostat in the master and all (it does really save about $100 a month). He even considered putting Ellie's bed in our closet. I dunno what we're going to do. Everyone keeps teasing us that we'll have all four of us together. It may just happen.

The second biggest issue is that I really am not emotionally prepared. Not sleeping, exorbitant amounts of breastmilk, constant peeing, pooing, and feeding... I saw in a magazine that Catherine Zeta-Jones likes this product called the pee pee teepee. It's this washable cotton cone thing that you use when you change the baby's diaper to prevent him from peeing in your face. I can't even imagine how it works. Do you just put it over his wee wee? And is that a problem for the entire time he wears diapers? What if his circumcision gets all messed up? How often do I clean it? Do I have to TOUCH it? Weird...

So anyway, I have about a week left. I have to be at the hospital next Wednesday at 8 am. Then I will have two children. Two babies. Sleeping in my room with me. Forever.

2 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey christine,

it's d@ve h0ng, danny's friend from school. i've been reading your blog for a while--it's hilarious. hope you don't mind.

anyways to answer your question, just force danny to set it up for you. that's what older brothers who work for the most visited internet site on the planet are for.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger jieungrace said...

WhhhhOOOooooops! I guess things just don't turn out the way they're planned. haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home