A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Lifelong friends

I love watching Ellie play with her friends. Of course, she has her favorites that she always wants to play with. Then there are others that she's happy to see, but doesn't really ask about. But it's hilarious when they interact with each other, especially now that they're all kinda talking and stuff. It cracks me up when they understand each other. It's funny when they copy each other and learn things from each other. So cute. So sweet.

I wonder where we'll be in 20 years. Part of me hopes not Houston, but I don't know where I'd go otherwise. I wonder who Ellie will still be friends with 20 years from now. There are very few people I still contact that I knew since babyhood, but I really cherish those friendships. Like my friend Gina from San Jose that I've known since I was 2, I think - I don't really keep in touch with her, but when I see her, it's like no time has gone by. Her mom is like my 2nd mother, and we often stay with them if we're in San Jose. And my friend Irene that I've known since I was 4 - she was even one of my bridesmaids. Although we're not always in touch, it's always really comfortable when we see each other. So nice.

Houston has a way of trapping you in. I think it's feasible that many of Ellie's friends will still be here years and years from now. And we always joke about how if she marries any of them, we'll have some really good fodder for their wedding. Especially if she marries Ryan. Here are a few examples:
I'm sure it's rather unlikely that they'll end up getting married. Maybe for their senior send-off banquet, we'll show these. Funny stuff.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger jieungrace said...

That picture of Ryan as "peas in a pod" is hilarious.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger ciaoirene said...

I don't know if I'm PMSing, but this post just made me cry. *sigh* I really hope our kids our friends and are IMing eachother 20 years from now. :)

Miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home