A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, April 10, 2006

Pre-partum depression

So Jenn FINALLY had the baby yesterday after nearly 8 days of early labor. What the heck. We're going to go visit her today. She must be so relieved to not be pregnant anymore. The baby is an added bonus. :)

So I go through this depression with my pregnancies, but it seems to happen beforehand, which I don't think is medically sound. Whatever. With Ellie, it was this overwhelming sense of "Oh my gosh, our life as we know it is OVER." I didn't want to have people over, I didn't want Peter to go out at all. I was frantic that we'd never spend time together again.

This time around, it's "Oh my gosh, this baby is invading our comfy little family." Kinda sucks that this pregnancy wasn't planned to happen when it did. I feel guilty towards the baby, SLIGHTLY resentful, and sad that Ellie and I won't be able to hang out like we do now. Isn't that terrible? Is it really though? Surely there are other moms who feel this way, too. And is it totally being obsessive about my first child that I don't want the second one to invade my relationship with her? I'm trying to prepare her. I've already told her that Mommy's going to be in the hospital for a few days and won't be able to hold her afterwards. She just keeps reassuring me that I'm OK and makes me hold her. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, these are the things that are plaguing my mind these days as my due date is quickly approaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home