A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Ernie's Afro

Peter had the entire extended weekend off, and each day was pretty much dedicated to something. Thursday was fixing the playground and the lawn day. Friday was famiy day. Saturday was cleaning day. Today is church and Home Depot day. By the way, Costco is an amazing store. Several pieces of the playground had cracks in them, so Peter took them back. They replaced each piece, problem free. What a store.

So on cleaning day, I decided to wash a bunch of Ellie's old infant toys for Matthew. Then I decided to wash some of her stuffed animals and toys as well. She has these Sesame Street stuffed toys that she plays with all the time. If we're watching Sesame Street, she'll get the toy of the character that's on TV and hold it up to the screen and yell, "SAME, MOMMY! BIG BIRD, TOO!" Also, she has a tendency to feed her toys, especially Cookie Monster (he loves to eat). So a lot of her toys have stuff all over their mouths.

Word to the wise - if you wash toys that have kinda troll-ish sticky-up hair (such as Bert and Ernie), drying them in the dryer will cause their troll hair to become afros. Peter thinks it's hilarious, but I was kind of upset. I tried wetting it and combing it. I'm really close to trying conditioner. Ernie with a fro is just not the same. :(

Another random comment, Ellie has gotten really good at using adverbs. She correctly uses the words anymore (I no want eat anymore.), maybe (Maybe Dora book is on Daddy's table.), not yet (Did poo poo come out? Not yet!), too (I want Baby Bubber come home, too.), first (I eat popsicle FIRST.), next (Eat popsicle next?), later (I clean up later.), now (Mommy turn watch TV now!)... Yesterday she was pretend talking on the phone for nearly an hour. I overheard her talking to Ryan. She goes, "I call you back. Two minutes." I cracked up. I don't ever say that, so I wonder where she learned it.

It's kinda scary that she's so observant, because you really can't get anything past her anymore. She's ALWAYS listening. I've been saying that Matthew looks like my Uncle Joong Jin, although no one agrees with me. I was holding the baby the other day and said to him, "Who do you look like?!" Ellie goes, "Uncle Joo Jin, Mommy." Oh! That's right. Thanks, Ellie.

3 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger slugnut said...

hahahaha. Ernie with an afro is GREAT! if you REALLY get desparate, you could try a straight perm. i'd like to see what happens.

COSTCO IS THE GREATEST STORE EVAAAR!!!

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you think she could be manipulating you too or am I being too cynical and distrusting?

d@ve h0ng

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger ciaoirene said...

ellie and adverbs! Hhahaha...too cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home