A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hot

I'm so hot. It's the most disgusting feeling to need a shower due to stickiness due to simply getting in and out of the car/in and out of whatever building. Yick. We keep the AC downstairs off these days to save energy (our electricity bill two months ago was over $350!!!), so I sweat even in the house.

My mom and I get so bitter everytime we go back to California. It's not like we appreciate the weather when we're there. We're just resentful of all the people who live there and take it for granted. Coolness at night. That's a big deal, Californians. We have lows in the upper 70s, and that's from 3-5 am or so. Once when I was in SF, I walked the streets of downtown with my face to the sky and my arms spread open, soaking in the coolness of June, embarrassing Gloria to death. Unfair.

There are a couple of things you hear in Houston all the time. One is, "It's so hot." Like it has to be stated. But seriously, it's so hot that you can't help but comment on it. Second is, "Close the door! Mosquitoes!" Especially in my parents' area, there are tons of mosquitoes. Another good thing about California we took for granted - mosquitoes only in the wilderness. Not in the house biting the children repeatedly.

Houston stinks. Literally.

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger HA said...

Houston DOES suck. Move to California.

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to say that i really enjoyed the heat wave when it hit san francisco. it was in the mid-80s and no fog. it felt like ... summer. but yes, move to california. i promise i'd make you pie on a regular basis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home