A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

SYTYCD

Thanks to all who referred SYTYCD fans to me. :) Sorry to anyone who doesn't care about the show, but I'm dedicating this entire entry to it. Here' s my latest take on it.

I think Heidi has to go. She looks TERRIBLE when she does hip hop, but for some reason the judges seem to love her. Obviously with Nigel being the executive producer of the show, he's trying to keep people on for ratings purposes, but I don't see the appeal of Heidi. Also, she's so super spazzy that it's kind of annoying. I'm sure she's a nice person, but clearly not the most talented female.

I also think Ryan is kinda awkward, socially. I don't know if you can make that kind of judgment just based on dancing, but I thought he handled his initial partnership with Heidi very poorly. There was an obvious lack of chemistry between them, which was not made up for by little fakey-fakey things they'd do. I think they should've eliminated him long ago when it was him and Jason in the bottom two. I ALSO think that Jason was eliminated because if Ryan had been, then Heidi and Dmitry would've been paired up, creating an unfair advantage. Conspiracy theory of mine.

I think it'll be down to Allison for the gals and either Benji or Travis for the guys. Benji's a great entertainer, excellent dancer, charming person in general, but Travis does have more technical skills. After all, the winner is going to have a contract in the Celine Dion show, which is all contemporary. Benji has yet to do contemporary, and I'm sure he'd do well, but Travis is obviously better. Unfortunately at this point, it's up to the public to determine the winner. We'll see what happens. I'm banking on a guy for sure, though.

I can't stand the hip hop choreographing girls when they do the judging. So annoying. They just regurgitate what Nigel says. Also, I find Dan Karaty to be sort of lame, too. There's this tension between him and Brian Freedman, I think. Brian's choreography is far superior, and I think they both know it.

I so look forward to Wednesdays. Like, on Wednesday morning I get all excited. Then Thursday morning I'm all sad because it will soon be over. I'm just way too into this show. I read the message boards on the website. I learned a bunch of things from it. Benji and Heidi are Mormon (hence Benji's two year mission trip to Oaxaca), and the ring Benji wears is the Mormon version of a WWJD bracelet. Musa's married, Natalie's engaged. Ivan's family is allegedly linked to the Russian mafia, which is why, one conspirator suggests, he's still on the show. Good stuff.

Come on now, people. If this doesn't make you want to watch the show, I don't know what will. Only a few more weeks left! Join in the fun!

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I watch this show RELIGIOUSLY!!!!!! The last show's recording got all messed up on my DVR and I was depressed the whole entire day. argh. Matthew and I have been fighting over the phone too just to vote. haha. He's a big Benji and Donyelle fan. I'm more on Allison's side...she's cute and I can see her in celine's show. Everything I've ever felt about the show--you worded it PERFECTLY! hmm...even that conspiracy theory...i never thought of that but you're probably right!!!! and yes, those hip hop judges ARE annoying...i even prefer mary over them! we find her expressions funny because she doesn't have any. botox? surgery? what do you think? it's funny when she screams and the top half of her face is still. we try to do the mary face. it's entertaining. I get excited on Wednesdays too and sometimes I rewatch the show several times the next day. I'm trying to get hubby to like it too. he's slowly coming around. my fav dance was alli/ivan in that one contemporary piece that made mary cry. i still get chills....
okay, just wanted to let you know that you are NOT alone!!!
-ck (mikyong ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home