A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Growing up

We started Matthew on cereal last Saturday. LOVES it. Cries in between spoonfuls because he wants more so badly. Coincidentally, Ellie's baby dolly has also started cereal. She can also roll over from back to tummy, as can Matthew. Baby dolly also enjoys being lifted in the air like Superman and needs a binky in the car. Anyway, I can't believe he's already on solids. I cried when Ellie started because it represented a move towards independence. Well, just not being completely dependent on me anymore. Sad. Here's a video of Matthew eating. Harold took it and made a point to show Peter videotaping with our video camera, and Ellie videotaping with her video camera that came in Dora's Talking Backpack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5RwMLiNZyY

As a side note, for any moms of infants out there, I got this new product at Babies R Us. I forget what it's called, but it's this little mesh pouch with a handle. You put fresh fruit in there, and the baby can gnaw at it without getting chunks for potential choking. Matthew devoured a piece of peach (yes, I went from rice cereal to peaches in a matter of 3 days), but got frustrated because he couldn't keep it in his mouth himself. That's probably because you're not supposed to give peaches to a baby who can't hold stuff in his mouth himself. Whatever. But it's in the feeding section at Babies R Us, next to sippy cups and spoons and stuff. Great product. Usually when you puree stuff, you have to cook it and lose nutrients, so this is a nice alternative. We'll see if I end up making his food like I did Ellie's. I'm going to try.

We met Ellie's teacher yesterday. I have a pretty good feeling about her going to school. I think she'll love it. I know I'm going to cry that first day, though. My baby... I actually WAS crying once when I was cuddling with her after she woke up from her nap (soon after potty training started). She asked why I was crying, and I said, "Soon you aren't going to need me anymore, Ellie. You're such a big girl. You still need me, right?" She answers, "Um... sometimes I need you. When I go on the potty I still need you. Sometimes I no need you anymore." I laughed, but I was still kinda sad. So now she knows; when she's trying to butter me up, she goes, "I still need you, Mommy." But other times she tells me, "I no need you anymore. I go potty by myself." And it makes me sad. My big girl... :( Think of me from 9-1 next Tuesday. I will be all mopey and crying. Maybe it's the hormones... but probably just my unhealthy attachment issues again.

By the way, go down to the bottom of this page and look at my Flickr thing. Those first pics of Matthew... who does he look like? When I first saw them, I was like, "OH MY GOODNESS, he looks EXACTLY like..." then I couldn't finish the sentence. I'm fairly certain it's someone in my family, but I'm not sure who. Any takers?

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

teehee, i saw the video of matthew not bouncing in his chair when i watched the one that you linked. it's the cutest thing how ellie holds his hand when she's showing him how to bounce. and could there be anything cuter than her little voice?! i can't wait to see them both in october.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home