A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A boring update

So... what's been going on with us? Not too much.

With Ellie, potty-training is going fairly well. Some days, no accidents. Some days, two accidents. She finally told me she had to poo BEFORE she did it, so that was exciting. She earned all her stickers on her potty chart and got her Dora's Talking Backpack, about which she is VERY excited. She takes it everywhere and sleeps with it (it's hard plastic). I kinda think she's more excited about it because she earned it. I dunno... maybe I'm giving her more credit than she deserves, but this is the most enthusiastic she's been about any toy ever. Now she says she wants a talking Boots, but such a toy doesn't exist. Earning of the toys has been a good experience, though, so we may keep up the chart and just reward her with stuff we'd get her anyway.

Matthew got his first haircut yesterday. We went to a special kiddie haircut place and paid a stinkin' $15. RIP OFF! The lady just hacked away at it and it looks all crazy. It also makes him look like a big boy, which, of course, makes me sad. His hair isn't all soft and wispy anymore. Ooh, look! I embedded a video. The funniest part of this video is Ellie repeating everything I say in the same sing-songy voice.


I also started making Matthew "cry it out" at night instead of feeding/consoling/cuddling him when he wakes up. I never had the heart to do it to Ellie. We failed Ferberizing several times, but I guess that's OK since Feberizers have been discovered to be a cult. Anyway, I'm in the bed with him, and I just turn my back to him when he cries. It helps me tremendously. I don't know about Matthew. I couldn't NOT have him sleep through the night any longer, you know? I'm tired. It's working, though. The first night he woke up and cried 3 times in 8 hours, the second time once in 10 hours, then he slept over 8 hours, and last night he slept 9 hours. So we're on our way.

I'm reading Blue Like Jazz, since Paul left it for us. People are totally into this book, I guess, but I'm totally not. I presume the author has some pretty interesting perspectives and some insightful things to say, but I'm just so annoyed with his writing style that I can't concentrate on what he's talking about. I HATE the way he keeps explaining himself by saying "I am talking about" such and such. And he's so jumpy with his subject matter. Very annoying.

SYTYCD is over. Yesterday was so... unexciting. I just put the kids to bed, cleaned up, and went to bed. Sad. Soon there will be Dancing with the Stars. Just gotta hold on to that.

And that's about it. Pretty boring.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger ciaoirene said...

LOL! CUUUUUUTE!

Weird, but he looks like Danny! Haha.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger jieungrace said...

Matthew looks so much more aware! Love the haircut - he does look older, though. Wow, look at you. Embedding videos and all. Impressive.

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ferber isn't a cult. Their methods are different from Babywise.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger sunju said...

Oops. I meant Babywise. Actually, neither method worked for us.

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

matthew is so adorable! i LOVE his haircut! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home