A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, September 29, 2006

Downwardslopingarchlessmessybrows

I brought Ellie with me today to get my eyebrows threaded. Every time I go, the Indian ladies comment on the fact that I have no arches. Once one lady decided she could give me arches, but I ended up with pencil line thin brows, which were even less flattering.

So Ellie is watching me get threaded and tortured for the sake of beauty, and she declares afterward, "Your eyebrows pretty, Mommy." Rather than being flattered or touched, I look sympathetically at my sweet girl with her downwardslopingarchlessmessybrows and sigh sadly. Soon, my dear Ellie, you too will need to get your brows threaded. I'm sorry that you inherited your brows from me (although Peter's brows weren't necessarily a better alternative).

I've come to realize that my kids have inherited my butt and thighs. Unfortunate for all. Ellie, now potty trained, had difficulty pulling her underwear up past her butt by herself. Her thunder thighs bulge out of her ballet leotard, and she, like Mommy, gets perpetual wedgies. I'm hoping it's more baby fat than anything else, but Matthew's thighs are quite bulgy as well.

Another thing Ellie inherited? My crowded-crooked teeth. We went to her first dentist appointment this week. Everything was fine, but the dentist expressed some concern that Ellie's teeth were already crowded. She confirmed that Ellie would definitely have braces, no question about that. Sad.

So that's what Ellie got from me. Downwardslopingarchlessmessybrows, bulbous butt, thunder thighs, and crowded-crooked teeth. Everything else, apparently, is from Peter.

Or is it? Peter figured out how to scan pictures and upload them, so here is photographic proof that my children do resemble me at some point in my life. I'm so tired of everyone saying they look like Peter. You carry them around in your body for so long and get no physical recognition for it. Sheesh.

First I look like Matthew in a dress:


Then a few pages later, Ellie with thicker hair:


Right?! Are you with me?! Notice the two sets of pictures don't look like me at all. They don't even look like each other. Makes sense since Ellie and Matthew don't really look alike. So maybe someday one of my kids will look like I do now. We'll see.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your babies DO look like you chris! definitely matthew (minus the dress) and the way you smile is just like ellie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home