A day in the life...

In case you happened to want to know a little about my life, I am an open book.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Oh be careful little ears what you hear...

Ellie is totally at the age where she repeats anything and everything. And she remembers EVERYTHING. So much to the point that Danny decided to try an experiment with her. He told her that when she turned 5, he'd buy her a bicycle. Then he determined never to mention it again, to see if she'd remember. Unfortunately, she asks about it almost daily, so I think Danny's going to be buying a bike in 2 and a half years.

When we were at Danny and Jieun's place we played quite a bit of Karaoke Revolution. I didn't think Ellie was paying much attention, but as always, she was. Someone sang Genie in a Bottle. It's a catchy song, so Peter and I both kinda kept singing it every once in awhile. I guess something about it intrigued Ellie; maybe the fact that it was so different from the songs she was used to hearing (mostly Sesame Street and kids' praise songs).

So today we're in the car and this guy next to us is blasting some R&B stuff. Ellie says, "That song is coming from another car."
"Yes", I reply.
"What is it, Mama?"
"Umm... that's kinda crazy music."
Long pause. "My body's saying, 'Let's go.'"
"What?!" I ask.
"My body's saying, 'Let's go.' The song from the game."

Uh, OOPS! Of course, I died laughing after I realized what she was talking about, so of course, now she says it as much as possible. I told Peter about it, and as soon as he got home from work he sang to her, "Whoa-oa-oa-oa-oa..." To which she promptly replied, "My body's saying, 'Let's go.'" I tried to teach her the part that immediately follows, "But my heart is saying, 'No.'" That hasn't stuck as well.

Another recent incident was that Ellie had performed her booty dance for her teacher. I asked what Mrs. Meier said after Ellie did it, and Ellie said, "Mrs. Meier laugh and laugh." I chuckled, but then Ellie says, "Mama. Mrs. Meier have a big butt." Umm.... "Did you tell Mrs. Meier that?" "No..." "OK. Don't tell her that. Don't tell anyone that." Yikes!

I remember when I taught, the kids would tell me ALL kinds of stuff. My lazy uncle just sits around in his underwear all day. Daddy slept in the guest room last night. My mom wants to call the police to come arrest my brother. I wonder what Ellie will share about us...!

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"my heart is saying 'no'." that's such a hilarious story! how on earth does she remember the skanky part but conviently forget the "good" part. that's really interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home